Introduction to Primer (For New Aboriginal Health Services Clients)
On-site Session, 2 days
If your organization is new to accreditation, you may be preparing for the Accreditation Primer—designed especially for organizations that have little or no previous experience with accreditation. Introduction to Primer for Aboriginal Health Service Organizations introduces staff members and managers to the key steps in the Primer process and provides an opportunity to identify and prioritize areas for improvement and develop action plans. Additionally, your Accreditation Specialist will work with you to identify plans or frameworks you may wish to develop (ethics framework, client safety plan, or quality improvement plan).
Accreditation Canada is committed to providing accessible, quality services. Should you require special accommodations, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-738-3800 ext. 290.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Explain accreditation and the role of Accreditation Canada
- Summarize the Primer accreditation process
- Develop plans and frameworks, such as an ethics framework, client safety plan and quality improvement plan
- Prepare an action plan for next steps
This on-site session is facilitated by an experienced Accreditation Canada surveyor. Accreditation Canada endeavours to match clients with surveyors from their region who have experience working with Aboriginal health service organizations whenever possible.
- Chief and/or Council members
- Anyone participating in the Primer process
The client organization arranges and pays for the venue and any meals and snacks required for participants during the session.
$2,100 plus facilitator travel, accommodation, and meals. This session is offered for free to organizations participating in the Aboriginal Health Service accreditation package.
Cancellation Policy for On-site Sessions
To receive a refund, cancellation requests must be e-mailed to email@example.com.
For cancellations received within 10 business days of the scheduled event, it is the responsibility of the organization to pay the following:
- Any pre-purchased travel tickets or non-refundable travel costs incurred by the facilitator(s)
- An administrative fee of 50% of the on-site session fee