Using Tracers for Quality Improvement - Virtual Session
Tracer capacity building session: includes an overview of tracers and details the process of conducting tracers within your organization.
This 3-session capacity-building virtual session provides participants with an overview of tracers and details the process of conducting tracers to drive quality improvement within your organization.
The session provides participants with a robust step-by-step approach to planning and conducting their own tracers and is intended for participants who want to:
- Assess compliance with accreditation standards
- Identify strengths and opportunities for improvement in priority areas
- Conduct mock surveys in their organization to prepare staff for the accreditation on-site survey
Accreditation Canada is committed to providing accessible, quality services. Should you require special accommodations, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-738-3800 ext. 309.
By the end of theses session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale and purpose of the tracer approach
- Plan a tracer to assess consistency, quality and safety of care, services and processes
- Develop effective question lines
- Conduct tracers through role playing to assess the quality of processes and care in different environments
- Maximize interaction during tracers through using effective communication approaches and techniques
- Analyze and report tracer observations and results
- Take actions on opportunities for improvement
This Virtual session is facilitated by an experienced Accreditation Canada surveyor.
This session is intended for 25-30 participants: Accreditation Coordinators and team members, Directors, Managers, Physicians, Patient Advisory teams, and Staff members.