Accreditation Canada's Transfusion Services Standards promote an integrated approach to transfusion services. The transfusion team uses an interdisciplinary approach to deliver safe, quality transfusion services to clients.
Accreditation Canada's Transfusion Services Standards are based on CSA Standards Z902-10 which focus on activities related to planning and evaluating transfusion services.
The Transfusion Services Standards contain the following sections:
- Meeting the demand for transfusion services
- Having the right supports in place for transfusion services
- Providing a safe, suitable environment
- Collecting, testing, and labelling blood in a safe manner
- Safely preparing, storing, releasing, and transporting blood components and blood products
- Providing safe and timely transfusion services
- Monitoring the safety and quality of transfusion services