Medical Imaging Centres
Diagnostic imaging services assist medical professionals in diagnosing, monitoring and treating their clients' health conditions. Referring medical professionals work with diagnostic imaging providers to select the most appropriate and least invasive diagnostic imaging examination that can achieve the desired results. Diagnostic examinations may include radiology, magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, interventional radiology, bone densitometry, ultrasound, mammography, and nuclear medicine (including positive emission tomography).
Accreditation Canada's Medical Imaging Centres (MIC) Standards are for independent centres providing diagnostic imaging services. These standards promote an integrated approach to diagnostic imaging services where diagnostic imaging providers work with referring medical professionals to deliver safe and quality diagnostic imaging services to clients.
The standards contain the following sections:
- Building an Effective Medical Imaging Centre
- Having the Right People
- Providing a Suitable Environment
- Selecting, Operating and Maintaining Diagnostic Imaging Equipment
- Providing Safe and Appropriate Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Keeping Records Accurate, Up to Date and Secure
- Monitoring the Safety and Quality of Diagnostic Imaging Services