Health Care Staffing Services
Accreditation Canada's Health Care Staffing Services standards apply to organizations that provide contracted staffing services to health care organizations. The services of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, therapists, therapy assistants, pharmacists, technicians, dentists, dental assistants, personal support workers, personal care workers, home makers, sitters/companions, and other health service providers may be contracted through staffing organizations.
- 'Staff' or 'staff members' refers to the individuals who carry out administrative duties at the staffing organization
- 'Health care personnel' refers to the individuals who, through the staffing agency, provide health care services to a contracting organization
Accreditation Canada's sector- and service-based standards help organizations assess quality at the point of service delivery. They are based upon five key elements of service excellence: leadership, people, process, information, and performance.
These standards contain the following sections:
- Investing in health care staffing services
- Engaging prepared and proactive staff
- Providing safe and appropriate services
- Maintaining accessible and efficient information systems
- Monitoring quality and achieving positive outcomes