Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation Services
These standards are to be used by sites that provide inpatient stroke rehabilitation services and have a defined service boundary or catchment.
Stroke rehabilitation services are designated/funded/recognized beds for stroke clients receiving formal inpatient rehabilitation. Rehabilitation takes place in stand-alone rehabilitation units, as part of an integrated stroke unit, or on a general or specialized rehabilitation unit.
These standards are divided into the following sections:
- Investing in comprehensive stroke rehabilitation services
- Engaging a prepared and proactive stroke rehabilitation team
- Providing safe and appropriate inpatient stroke rehabilitation services
- Helping clients and families live with stroke
- Maintaining accessible and efficient clinical information systems
- Monitoring quality and achieving positive outcomes
Accreditation Canada's Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation Services Standards were developed in collaboration with the Canadian Stroke Network and are based on the Canadian Stroke Strategy's Canadian Best Practice Recommendations for Stroke Care (2008) www.strokebestpractices.ca <http://www.strokebestpractices.ca> .
Standards purchased online are delivered as printable PDF downloads. If you would like a copy printed and shipped to you, please email email@example.com